Monday, May 20, 2013

Crochet Exchange Gift

With all the excitement about my new camera, I forgot to show you the lovely Mothers Day Exchange gift I received from my partner in the Australiacrochet group. K sent me this very pretty set - soap sachet, washer and scented sachet to put on a coathanger. Thank you very much for this lovely exchange gift.


I did warn you about the possibility of boring you with the pics from my new toy didn't I ??  I wanted to try the zoom so stood outside my back door and got this shot of one side of my yard. You probably won't be able to see the artificial butterfly on the tree trunk in this first picture


but from the same spot, zooming in - love it.


Without making any setting changes, here's a shot of my fruit bowl with the camera just about 2cm (1") away from it.


I've always had problems with colour not being correct but my new toy seems to be just what I've been searching for to overcome this.  Now I'm hoping that my crochet and knitting FOs might be less of a headache to photograph.  Yaaay

Seems like my fingerless mitts are back on the agenda for this winter. Today I received an order for a black pair from one of my daughter's work colleagues. She bought a pair for herself last year and now wants a pair for her daughter.  Will have to search the stash tomorrow and hope to find enough black wool.  I bought some gorgeous Bendigo Woollen Mills Alpaca in grey to make myself a pair of fingerless mitts for this winter but mine are going to be knitted.  Oh dear, so much to do and so little time LOL.


3 comments:

  1. LOVE your new photos! You got a good camera! I am loving mine too.. your gift is soooo sweet and pink! I also want to make some fingerless gloves before winter. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics with the new camera:)) loving the colours Dorothy..
    It seems you have made the right choose of camera :))
    hugs pat ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Love the Mothers Day Gift.. very pretty :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox