Sunday, December 30, 2012

Twas the Night Before Christmas

and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse !!  BUT outside was a very different story.  We had the most dreadful storm with torrential rain and extremely strong winds.  A tree in my neighbour's front yard split in half right down the middle of the trunk - don't know if it was the wind or whether it was lightning.
It barely missed the caravan - that's it with the silver cover over it. This next pic shows the other half of the tree where it split. The branches and leaves fell onto bushes in my front yard.
My dilemma is that the tenants are away and I have no idea how to contact the owner of the house (don't even know the name). I'm hoping someone will appear soon or at least before we have another storm like that one. My house is the one on the right and that's my bedroom which is quite close to the remainder of that tree.

Not much crochet or knitting has been done this past week. I've continued to work on my crochet baby's blanket and finished this little knitted premmie hat today.
This (along with a few more) will be going to "Little Angel Memory Boxes" (LAMB) which is an Australian charity that donates Memory Boxes and Memory Bags to hospitals for families who suffer the heartbreak of losing a baby or child.  They have a facebook group - Crafty Little Lambs - if you'd like more information.

With just over 24 hours left for this year, I'd like to wish you all a very happy new year. I hope 2013 brings you good health, much happiness and of course plenty of time to do whatever you enjoy most.  I think its going to be a good year for my family - just had a phone call from my daughter Karen who is currently holidaying at Bermagui.  He popped the question, she said yes, and they are ectatically happy.


5 comments:

  1. *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* to your family on the wedding in the future! Gosh, hope the people come home soon and take care of that tree before the other half comes down!

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you, too! Best wishes for a wonderful 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How scary for you having that tree split and come down not far from your house! Hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your daughter (and you!). What a lovely way to start the new year.
    I hope that tree has been cleared away by now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the tree.
    The Darjeeling Darlings
    http://darjeelingdarlings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox