Monday, April 23, 2012

Nearly there

Oh dear, Blogger has changed how things are done here and I really am not quite sure what I'm doing. Fingers crossed it works out ok. These 10 little hats for the Darwin Special Care Nursery have brought my ‘challenge’ total to 46 so it looks like I’ll manage the 50 by the end of June comfortably. At the moment I’m making a scarf and beanie for my grandson in his team’s footy colours so that will leave just 3 more to do. Woo hoo. Reckon I’ve had enough of hats for a little while.
I seem to have been in a bit of a slump lately - not a huge amount of knitting or crochet, absolutely no book reading and generally not doing very much at all. I did have a great day out last week with my friend L. We went to a new restaurant which has opened up at the golf club we frequent every now and then. It was the full 'silver service' deal and we had a lovely time. Food was excellent too - Entree
Mains
And dessert
I hope to get a bit more knitting and/or crochet done this week. I think it’s time I resurrected my wool-eater blanket and see if I can get it finished, or well on the way to being finished by the end of winter. The weather is getting quite cold here now so it will be nice to have the blanket over my knees while working on it. I’ll try to get a few more rows done before showing you a progress pic. Before I finish, I must show you a pic of the little fellow I've been doggy-sitting for the past week. Tommy is in his bed here and was sound asleep before I took this photo.
My daughter picked him up about an hour ago so the place is rather quiet again - just our little Tasha and Madison to keep me company. Thanks for visiting and I hope you all have a lovely week.

3 comments:

  1. Bravo on the hats, Dorothy! Wonderful work!

    Your restaurant meal was presented so beautifully. I'm glad you enjoyed it with your friend.

    Have a lovely week, too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50 hats! Way to go, Dorothy. I'm blown away.

    Oh, I wish I had been with you at the restaurant. That looks lovely and I bet it tasted delicious too. MMMMMM!

    What will you be working on when you finish the hats?

    (Yes, the little yellow dress is a Just Crochet pattern.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! Wow, I'm so impressed with your progress on the hats.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox