Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Still here

Its been too long since I did a blog post so I thought I'd just check-in to say hello to everyone. I do visit every time there are new posts from people on my blog roll (right side-bar) and always enjoy reading what you're doing.

I've been working on a few odds and ends, including a secret project which I can't tell you about at the moment but hopefully can 'reveal' soon. I'll take photos of the other things some time over the next day or so which will give me another reason for a blog post. :)

What I can show you today are the photos of items donated by the lovely generous members of Knit4Charities to C.A.R.S (Chris' Animal Rescue Support). This charity was one of our February Charities of the Month and assists rescue groups and foster carers in the south eastern regions of New South Wales and the ACT (in Australia). I collected the items and it was such fun opening the parcels as they arrived each day over the past few weeks. Chris collected our donations yesterday and was thrilled with all the blankets, dog coats and toys.

84 Blankets

30 dog coats

49 assorted toys and accessories

And now I'm off to make another square for Wrap with Love. There's a drop-off-depot in my suburb so what I save on postage can be used for more yarn !! Woo-hoo.

Bye for now.

9 comments:

  1. You are such a good person to do all that and collect all those things! Will you get to see any of them given to the recipients? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh they are a generous lot. Such beautiful items

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I just found your blog and I love it. Everything you have stitched is absolutely stunning. I'm very impressed.
    If possible, I would love to get the pattern for the childs poncho you posted about on Feb. 23 and also the butterfly hats. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

    Thanks, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing amount of items.. Very generous indeed..:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the lovely comments everyone.
    Linda .. the poncho pattern is here http://lemondedesucrette.wordpress.com/2010/10/13/about-ponchos-and-pattern-d/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, impressive. I hope I can gather that many donations for Bide A Wee when I host a charity challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck Marie. What is Bide a Wee ? Haven't heard of that charity here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox