Sunday, December 11, 2011

Two weeks from now

It has just occurred to me that in two weeks from NOW, it will all be over !! Santa will have been, the presents will have been opened, the food eaten, the kitchen cleaned up and we'll all be relaxing after the mad rush. I have to confess I haven't even written out my cards yet - must do that this week.

I knew I'd find a good excuse to show you this photo of my beautiful Nikki - our first Japanese Chin. She was the most loving and devoted little girl and I'm sure she thought she was one of us humans.

I almost gave in to that persistent Noro Kureyon sock yarn last night and started to feel guilty about having frogged it five times. After surfing around a bit on Ravelry to decide what it might be next, I was interested to read some of the comments on this yarn. Some hated it, said it was a nightmare to knit, noted that it breaks easily, is scratchy and hard .. even looks like clown vomit !! So, what do you think I did? Well, I did what any self respecting person would do .... I fished out some 4ply baby yarn, a pair of 3.75 needles and am making some premmie baby hats. This of course will add to my Year of Projects personal challenge so it was without doubt the best course to take.

I missed last weeks update as I've been so busy sorting/clearing my craft room so it can be temporarily used as a bedroom for guests, but I do have a couple of FOs to show you.

Hat number 7

A scarf from some yarn I found in my stash - Lincraft Surprise.

And finally a Christmas potholder/heatpad

Have a great week.

10 comments:

  1. Nice projects! I love the color of that scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty good for a week with nt much time to craft! I especially love the scarf. Such pretty pictures of Nikki too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... A potholder... There would be a quick project i would think...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always so fast with your projects! I dawdle along for months on things.. you're impressive.
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hat, and the colorway on the scarf is great! Thank goodness for stash yarn ;).

    ReplyDelete
  6. We haven't done our Christmas cards yet either.

    I have some Noro too and am afraid to work with it also. I was really hoping you would forge on into a project with it so I could see how you faired. I will let you know if I decided to do something with mine. I have had it now for 2 years and am still terrified of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't say I enjoyed knitting Noro Kureyon but I'm wearing the socks right now, and after several washes they quickly became my favourites.

    Love the scarf and the little baby hat.

    Now I guess I'd better put down my knitting and get my Christmas cards organized. How has Christmas snuck up so quickly?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the projects, great finishes..its always hard this time of year to fit everything in, great to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what beautiful things you have finished. They are all fantastic!

    What an adorable doggie. I can tell she was very special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No No No it can't be that close LOL.. I,m still in a dither as to what to post to whom.. At least I have posted the cards whew !..
    Great scarf and hat, but the pics of your precious Nikki grabbed at my heart strings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox