Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Getting my money's worth

Some of you may recall the ball of Noro Kureyon that I bought (a few months ago) last January. I can't even remember why I bought it or what I was planning to make, but it has been started and frogged about half a dozen times, the most recent being about two minutes ago. I was urged on by responses to my question in my last post when several people made the comment that you should love what you're doing. Since I wasn't actually loving the scarf this ball of Noro was producing, out it came and I'm now deciding on what to try next. Its quite strong yarn as you would have thought I'd have worn it out by now but its still holding its own in spite of all my frogging. I won't tell you what I'm making with it ..... I'll just surprise you (and myself) when its done.


Before I end this post, I'll leave you with this most interesting conversion chart .....

Half a large intestine = 1 semicolon
1,000 aches = 1 megahurtz
Basic unit of laryngitis = 1 hoarsepower
2,000 pounds of Chinese soup = Won Ton
1 millionth of a fish = 1 microfiche
453.6 crackers = 1 pound cake

There ... you really needed that didn't you?

3 comments:

  1. Love the conversion chart! And, I can't wait to see what you've decided to make with the Noro. I know a lot of people really love the yarn but I too have a skein that I don't know what to do with. I've tried several patterns and nothing seems to pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which Noro is that? I used Noro to make a Queen Anne's Lace scarf and it's so scratchy I can't wear it! Pretty colors, though.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa .. the Noro is Kureyon which is a thinner yarn than the Noro Taiyo that I used for my Queen Anne's Lace scarf. I haven't actually worn my scarf yet but it feels ok. I wonder if yours would soften up if you washed it and used some fabric conditioner? I'm not a huge fan of Noro but they do have beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox