Thursday, April 7, 2011

I've got a lovely bunch of .... Coasters

I participate in a coaster exchange on AustraliaCrochet and received these cuties from my partner this month ..



The exchange requires you to send two coasters but as you can see, Kathy got a bit carried away. Thank you Kathy, I think the coasters are lovely and am going to work out the pattern and do a few for one of my partners somewhere down the track.



My friend and I went to a "Clayton's" meeting this morning - you know, the one you have when there isn't one on !!!! We sat in the car outside the venue for about half an hour waiting for other people to appear but alas, we remained alone. I won't bore you with the details but after checking with the equally confused staff who also thought there was a meeting today, we figured the best thing to do would be to hit the shops ..... the wool one of course. Two balls of yarn and a set of dpn's later, it was home for lunch and a bit of a play with that yarn. Reminds me of a couple of quotes I read from a book preview on the BookDepository site the other night.

SABLE - Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy

WHACO - Acronym for "Wool Housing & Containment Overload". This will happen to almost all knitters/crocheters eventually. Its the state reached where a knitters stash outgrows her particular ability and her resourses to contain it. This is usually a chronic condition, but periods of remission may occur when a knitter runs out of money (and is thus forced to knit some stash yarn) or moves to a bigger house.

Those snippets are from the book Knitting Rules - The Yarn Harlot's Bag of Knitting Tricks by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. At $14.41 Australian with free postage, how could I not buy it ?

2 comments:

  1. Those coasters are so pretty and flower-y. My daughter was looking for some yarn for me in my "office" and came out and pronounced I was not to buy another skein of yarn EVER.. ya think I have a problem?

    Hugs from Oregon, USA -- Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dorothy.. Lucky lady.. They are really pretty.. Love the colours.. :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox