Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sweet Heart

While I was surfing around and finding new blogs to read, I came across this lovely heart pattern at Teresa Kasner's Crochet.



I don't know about you, but when I see something like this I just have to try it straight away. If you'd like a copy of the pattern, click on the link above and scroll about a third of the way down the page. Teresa's instructions are very easy to follow and have pictures. With Valentines Day coming up soon, I'm sure you can think of many uses for these gorgeous little hearts. I used a size 3 thread and a 3.00mm hook for my heart.

My Noro Taiyo #6 turned up in yesterday's mail and I've already started another Queen Anne's Lace scarf. That pattern sure is addictive and works so well with this yarn. The colours aren't quite what I expected but I'm sure the scarf will be beautiful. I don't think I've seen one of these QAL scarves that isn't pretty. I'm really enjoying this project so am restricting myself to only so much a day - otherwise it will be finished too soon and then I'll be hankering for more. The Taiyo costs me $26 a ball and since I'm running out of 'giftees' I probably shouldn't be thinking of buying any more for awhile. Plain coloured versions are also nice ..... which reminds me, look what I bought the other day while I was in town ..


Happy crocheting

4 comments:

  1. It is a lovely heart Dorothy and thankyou for the link and new blog to read..
    The pattern for the scarf is a winner as I made a couple for gifts in Bendigo baby wool, I have been asked to make more :))
    (one day)..
    There is nothing like lifting the spirit with a little more yarn/wool , Beautiful colours, What do you have in mind for it?
    And.... how are the herbs coming along?:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat. What size hook did you use for the QAL scarf with Bendigo baby wool and how wide did it turn out ? I've started using that yarn for squares - will blog about it soon so keep an eye out. Used some of the basil on my sandwich at lunchtime today as it was growing so fast it was touching the light and we only raised the light about 2 days ago. Everything is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dorothy,

    How pleased I was to see you found and enjoyed my Heart pattern and posted a link to my blog! You did a wonderful job on your heart, bravo!

    I've added your blog link to my blog.. fun fun.

    Nice to meet you!!

    Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been looking a your crochet work, it's beautiful. love those little coasters.

    warmest wishes

    millie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox