Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm a bad blogger !!

Gosh, three weeks since I last posted anything here ! I've been busy with one thing and another - mainly collecting on behalf of the K4C group for Vinnies Night Patrol in Canberra. This afternoon I counted and photographed all the items group members had knitted or crocheted and generously donated to this worthy cause - 186 items in all. Vinnies Night Patrol van travels around Canberra and the surrounding areas at night, giving out free food to homeless people. I've seen the van at one of our local shopping centres (Dickson) and feel so sad to see so many homeless people. The weather in Canberra gets very cold at night and after checking with the wonderful lady who runs K4C, I approached Vinnies to see if they would hand out our donated beanies, scarves, fingerless gloves etc. to these poor souls. I will be delivering these items on Thursday.


Figured that while I was at it I might as well count and photograph the kitten blankets that will be going to the Canberra RSPCA tomorrow -

This will be the first delivery (80 blankets) in the 1500 Kitten Blanket Challenge in the K4Ckal group. A kind member also made three beautiful dog coats which you can see in the front of the blankets.

Its back to knitting for me tomorrow. Last week I visited Past Times at Cooma and bought some interesting wool from New Zealand. It was in a kit which included the wool, pattern for a diagonal garter stitch beanie and a pair of 4.00mm bamboo needles. I've promised to make a beanie for my grandson so this one will be for him. I'll post a picture when its finished - or even well on the way, to show you the interesting effect the combination of pattern and wool is making.

Here's a recipe for Stir Fry Chicken. My daughter created this one and I made it last night - very nice !!

Stir Fried Chicken
Ingredients:
Garlic and Ginger (out of the jars from the supermarket)
500g Chicken breast (diced)
large onion chopped
carrot, capsicum, zucchini, mushrooms, corn (0pt) all julienned
Chicken Stock Powder
Soy Sauce
Hoisin Sauce
Method
Put about 2 tsp garlic and 1 tsp ginger into a non stick frypan and mix around for a bit.
Add chicken and brown for a few minutes
Add all the vegetables and mix well.
Sprinkle chicken stock powder (no liquid) over the veges (at least 1 desertspoon)
Add a splash of Soy Sauce and a good dash (few tablespoons) of Hoisin Sauce
Enjoy !! Oh, you can serve it with rice, noodles or couscous. Depends on how hungry you are but I made this serve 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox