Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Today's mail brought me a nice surprise from Canada. My partner in the Swap-Bot swap sent me a new dishcloth, a lovely bookmark and a very nice notecard. I don't know if the photo will show it but there is a heart knitted into the dishcloth. Jen said that as Valentines Day was coming soon she thought she'd make a dishcloth 'in honour of the month of love'.



I also received my first square in the AustraliaCrochet 7" square exchange from Alice who told me she just made the pattern up as she went along. I think it is beautiful and she's a very clever lady. I've requested my squares in this exchange to be done in either cream, emerald green or baby green. Way down the track when I have enough squares, I'll join them into a cover for my bed. Here's Alice's square - isn't it lovely ?



Tomorrow I'm getting back to that thread through scarf I'm making with that beautiful yarn called Joy from Wondoflex. Haven't done any for a few days as I had lots of jobs to do, including the delivery of a huge bag full of kitten blankets to the Canberra RSPCA. They were donated by the Knit4Charities online group of which I am a member. Each month we support different charities and since the group was formed we have donated 29,526 items which include things for babies, children, men, women, pets and wildlife rescue. It is a wonderful group and if you'd like to know more about it, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you. xox